As organizations begin to increasingly use vendors for services that include the storage, processing, and transmission of sensitive information, they must pay careful attention to the vendor’s information management practices. In this video, you will learn the importance of vendor information management practices including preventing unauthorized data sharing, data ownership, and backups.
- [Instructor] As organizations begin to increasingly…use vendors for services that include…the storage, processing, and transmission…of sensitive information, they must pay…careful attention to the vendor's…information management practices.…Data ownership issues often arise in supplier relationships.…Particularly when the vendor is creating…information on behalf of the customer.…Agreements put in place prior…to beginning a new vendor relationship…should contain clear language around data ownership.…In most cases, a customer will want…to ensure that the customer retains…uninhibited ownership of the information,…and that the vendor's rights to use the information…is carefully limited to activities…performed on behalf of, and with the knowledge…and consent of the customer.…
In addition, customers should ensure…that the contract includes language…that requires the vendor securely delete…all customer information within…an acceptable period of time after the relationship ends.…One particular area of concern is data sharing.…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.