One of the most important components of managing vendor relationships is ensuring that appropriate agreements are in place to ensure interoperability and require that the vendor provide a level of service consistent with the customer’s expectations. In this video, you will learn about memorandums of understanding (MOUs), service-level agreements (SLAs), business partnership agreements (BPAs), and interconnection security agreements (ISAs).
- [Instructor] One of the most important components of…managing vendor relationships is ensuring that appropriate…agreements are in place, to ensure interoperability…and require that the vendor provide a level of…service consistent with the customers expectations.…As an organization begins to evaluate…a new vendor relationship, it should…establish service-level requirements or SLR's,…that describes the organization's expectations of…the vendor during the relationship.…These requirements may address any concerns…that the customer has for the quality of…service provided by the vendor.…
For example, service-level requirements may include,…system response time, service availability,…data preservation requirements…or any other perimeters specified by the customer.…Once an organization negotiates these SLR's with the vendor,…it should document the results in…a service-level agreement or SLA.…The SLA is a written contract between the vendor…and the customer, that describes the conditions of…service and penalties the vendor will incur for…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.