Security education programs should include a wide variety of topics related to user habits. In this video, you will learn important user habits that should be addressed in an information security awareness program, including passwords, data handling, clean desk policies, tailgating, BYOD security, social networking, and peer-to-peer networking.
- View Offline
- [Presenter] Security education programs…should include a wide variety of topics…related to user habits.…By replacing risky habits with strong security habits,…organizations reduce the likelihood…that user accounts will become compromised.…Let's take a look at some of the habits…that security education programs should address.…Security training should include coverage…of password security practices.…Most organizations already have a password security policy…that enforces requirements such as password complexity…and password expiration.…
Security training programs…should remind users of these requirements…and also educate them about the importance of requirements…that can't be enforced with technology.…For example, users should know…that reusing their work password on websites…and other accounts jeopardizes security…because those websites or other accounts may be compromised.…Organizations should also include data handling procedures…in their security training programs.…Users must know the proper ways to store, transmit,…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.