Unified threat management solutions combine multiple security functions into a single piece of hardware. In this video, learn the purpose of unified threat management, or UTM, devices including their URL filtering, content inspection, malware inspection, and spam filtering functionality.
- [Instructor] We've talked about…a lot of different security devices in this course.…and one of the major issues associated with them…is that purchasing all of these devices…can be very expensive, particularly for…a small or mid sized organization.…Unified threat management, or UTM solutions,…try to solve this problem by combining…many different security functions on a single device.…UTM products start by performing the basic functions…of a firewall and router,…protecting the network against many attacks,…blocking unsolicited traffic,…and routing traffic to and from the internet.…
They then add some of the security features…we've discussed in this course.…Including VPN connectivity,…intrusion detection, and intrusion prevention.…UTM products also often include…other features useful to small businesses…that might not be found in enterprise security devices.…For example, they often perform both…URL filtering to block unwanted websites…and content inspection to remove malicious…web content returned by otherwise trusted servers.…
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A completed learning path of the series will be available once all the courses are released.
- How IP addresses are assigned and managed
- Multilayer protocols
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Designing secure networks
- Firewall management techniques
- Maintaining network availability
- Software defined networking (SDN)
- Port isolation
- Network attacks
- How Wi-Fi networks function
- WPA, WPS, and propagation attacks
- Host-based network security control
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.