Unified threat management solutions combine multiple security functions into a single piece of hardware. In this video, you will learn the purpose of unified threat management (UTM) devices including their URL filtering, content inspection, malware inspection, and spam filtering functionality.
- [Instructor] We've talked about a lot of different…security devices in this course.…And one of the major issues associated with them…is that purchasing all of these devices can be very…expensive.…Particularly for a small, or a mid-sized organization.…Inified threat management,…or UTM solutions,…try to solve this problem…by combining many different security functions…on a single device.…UTM products start by performing the basic functions…of a firewall, and router.…
Protecting the network against many attacks.…Blocking unsolicited traffic.…And routing traffic to and from the Internet.…They then add some of the security features we've discussed…in this course.…Including VPN connectivity,…intrusion detection,…and intrusion prevention.…UTM products also often include other features…useful to small businesses…that might not be found in Enterprise security devices.…For example, they often perform both URL filtering…to block unwanted websites…and content inspection…to remove malicious web content returned by otherwise…
Learn about communication and networking best practices, including TCP/IP networking, network security devices, and secure network design and management. Instructor and cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple also includes coverage of converged protocols, network encryption, and wireless networking. You can find Mike's companion study books for this series at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- IP addressing
- Switches and routers
- Content distribution networks
- Designing secure networks
- Specialized networking
- Managing secure networks
- Working with virtualized networks like SDNs
- Detecting and preventing network attaches
- Transport encryption
- Wireless networking
- Host security
Skill Level Advanced
CISSP Cert Prep: 2 Asset Securitywith Mike Chapple58m 11s Advanced
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.