WiFi is a set of standards governed by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and describes the technical details of how wireless devices may communicate with each other and wireless access points. Learn how WiFi networks function and provide network access for mobile devices.
- [Narrator] Wireless networking is everywhere.…We use wireless networks to provide network access…to our smartphones, tablet, and laptop computers,…and to a wide variety of other devices, including…televisions, thermostats, and home automation systems.…As the use of wireless networks continues…to increase, the security of those networks…becomes of critical importance.…The most common wireless standard in use today…is Wi-Fi technology, Wi-Fi is a set of standards…governed by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics…Engineers and it describes the technical details…of how wireless devices may communicate…with each other and with wireless access points.…
The use of a standard for wireless communications…is absolutely essential, because without a standard,…wireless devices wouldn't speak the same language.…Standardization is what allows any Wi-Fi device…to work with any Wi-Fi network around the world.…Wi-Fi works by replacing the wires and cables…of wired networks with radio transmitters and receivers.…Every device that supports Wi-Fi contains…
Learn about communication and networking best practices, including TCP/IP networking, network security devices, and secure network design and management. Instructor and cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple also includes coverage of converged protocols, network encryption, and wireless networking. You can find Mike's companion study books for this series at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- IP addressing
- Switches and routers
- Content distribution networks
- Designing secure networks
- Specialized networking
- Managing secure networks
- Working with virtualized networks like SDNs
- Detecting and preventing network attaches
- Transport encryption
- Wireless networking
- Host security
Skill Level Advanced
CISSP Cert Prep: 2 Asset Securitywith Mike Chapple58m 11s Advanced
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.