Today’s smartphones use near-field communication technology for a wide variety of purposes. This short range radio communications method allows the use of headsets, mobile payments, external speakers, keyboards, and all sorts of other uses. As with any technology, however, the use of NFC communications provides attackers with another pathway to exploit security vulnerabilities. In this video, learn about common proximity attacks including NFC attacks, Bluejacking, and Bluesnarfing.
- [Narrator] Today's smartphones and other mobile devices…use Near Field Communication, or NFC technology,…for a wide variety of purposes.…This short range radio communications technique…allows the use of headsets, mobile payments,…external speakers, keyboards,…and all sorts of other technologies.…As with any technology, however,…the use of NFC communications provides attackers…with another pathway to exploit security vulnerabilities.…NFC communications cover a very short distances.…
They're designed to handle situations…where devices are around 30 to 50 feet apart.…Bluetooth is the most common NFC technology,…and most people are familiar with the use of Bluetooth…to connect smartphones to car audio systems,…external speakers, and headsets.…NFC communications are very useful,…but can also be a source of security vulnerabilities.…Bluejacking attacks occur when attackers…use Bluetooth technology to send spam messages…directly to a device.…Typically, they try to convince the user to visit a website,…or take some other action that will lead…
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A completed learning path of the series will be available once all the courses are released.
- How IP addresses are assigned and managed
- Multilayer protocols
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Designing secure networks
- Firewall management techniques
- Maintaining network availability
- Software defined networking (SDN)
- Port isolation
- Network attacks
- How Wi-Fi networks function
- WPA, WPS, and propagation attacks
- Host-based network security control
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.