Today’s smartphones use near field communication technology for a wide variety of purposes. This short range radio communications method allows the use of headsets, mobile payments, external speakers, keyboards and all sorts of other uses. As with any technology, however, the use of NFC communications provides attackers with another pathway to exploit security vulnerabilities. Learn about common proximity attacks including NFC attacks, Bluejacking and Bluesnarfing.
- [Instructor] Today's smart phones and other mobile devices…use Near Field Communication or NFC technology…for a wide variety of purposes.…This short range radio communications technique…allows the use of headsets, mobile payments,…external speakers, keyboards…and all sorts of other technologies.…As with any technology however,…the use of NFC communications provides attackers…with another pathway to exploit security vulnerabilities.…NFC communications cover very short distances.…
They're designed to handle situations where devices…are around 30 to 50 feet apart.…Bluetooth is the most common NFC technology…and most people are familiar with the use of Bluetooth…to connect smart phones to car audio systems,…external speakers and headsets.…NFC Communications are very useful…but can also be a source of security vulnerabilities.…Bluejacking attacks occur when attackers…use Bluetooth technology to send spam messages…directly to a device.…Typically, they try to convince the user to visit…a website, or take some other action that will…
Learn about communication and networking best practices, including TCP/IP networking, network security devices, and secure network design and management. Instructor and cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple also includes coverage of converged protocols, network encryption, and wireless networking. You can find Mike's companion study books for this series at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- IP addressing
- Switches and routers
- Content distribution networks
- Designing secure networks
- Specialized networking
- Managing secure networks
- Working with virtualized networks like SDNs
- Detecting and preventing network attaches
- Transport encryption
- Wireless networking
- Host security
Skill Level Advanced
CISSP Cert Prep: 2 Asset Securitywith Mike Chapple58m 11s Advanced
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.