The Tor protocol provides an anonymous, secure way for individuals to access the Internet. It also enables access to anonymous websites, commonly known as the dark web. In this video, learn how Tor provides anonymous browsing capability and implements perfect forward secrecy.
- [Instructor] Tor is a software package that provides…an anonymous, secure way for individuals…to access the Internet.…Tor also enables access to anonymous websites…that are commonly known as the dark web.…Tor which stands for The Onion Router uses encryption…and relay notes to hide the true sources and destinations…of network communications.…Tor is widely used in the security community…and was made popular by NSA leaker Edward Snowden…when he used it to transfer secrets to the Washington Post…and other media outlets in 2013.…
Let's take a look at how Tor works.…Suppose that there's a user Alice who wishes…to visit a website, The Washington Post, but doesn't…want that website to know her identity.…She also doesn't want anyone along the way…to know who she is.…Alice opens a Tor browser on her computer and types in…the website's URL, washingtonpost.com.…Alice's Tor browser then accesses a Tor directory server…and loads a list of all of the Tor nodes…currently available on the Internet.…
Now this is a very long list because it includes…
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A completed learning path of the series will be available once all the courses are released.
- How IP addresses are assigned and managed
- Multilayer protocols
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Designing secure networks
- Firewall management techniques
- Maintaining network availability
- Software defined networking (SDN)
- Port isolation
- Network attacks
- How Wi-Fi networks function
- WPA, WPS, and propagation attacks
- Host-based network security control
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Appropriate for all
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.