In some cases, organizations depend upon vendors to provide services that directly contribute to the information security program. These vendors, known as Managed Security Service Providers, or MSSPs, play a critical role in meeting security requirements. In this video, you will learn about the role that MSSPs play in enterprise security.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] As organizations seek to outsource…components of their technology infrastructure…they often turn to vendors to perform tasks…that they either consider commodities,…or believe can be more efficiently and effectively…performed by a third party.…In some cases, this means turning to outside firms…to provide critical security services.…Vendors that provide security services…for other organizations are known…as Managed Security Service Providers or MSSPs.…
MSSPs play a critical role…in the organization's security program,…and should be carefully monitored to ensure…that they are living up to their status…as trusted partners and are effectively meeting…the organization's security objectives.…MSSPs vary widely in the scope of their services…and may perform different services for different clients.…Some MSSPs take over complete responsibility…for managing an organization's security infrastructure,…others perform a specific task,…such as log monitoring, firewall and network management,…or identity and access management.…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.