Threat modeling is an important part of the risk management process. It provides valuable information about the threats facing an organization and the attack types that those threats might engage in. As the organization identifies vulnerabilities to threats, it should continue to evolve its controls. In this video, you will learn about the technology and process remediation that should accompany threat modeling efforts.
- [Narrator] Threat modeling is an important part…of the risk management process.…It provides valuable information…about the threats facing an organization,…and the attack types that those threats might engage in.…As the organization identifies vulnerabilities…that it might have to specific threats,…it should continue to evolve its security controls.…Let's take a look at the technology…and process remediation that should accompany…threat modeling efforts.…From a technology perspective,…threat modeling should prompt periodic reviews…of the security infrastructure.…
For example, if security analysts…see the issue of data theft coming up repeatedly…in their threat modeling,…this may indicate a deficiency…in the organization's ability to combat…the loss of confidential information.…It becomes even more concerning…if actual data loss incidents take place…in the organization.…This combination of circumstances…should prompt a review of whether the organization…has appropriate data protection controls in place.…An organization in this situation…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.