Network administrators should also be concerned about the security of switches under their care. Learn about physical security for network switches, the use of VLANs for switched network security and the use of port security techniques.
- [Narrator] Network administrators…should also be concerned about the security…of switches under their care.…One of the most important security tasks…surrounding switches…is maintaining physical security of the device.…Unlike routers, which are normally centrally located…in secure data centers, or network rooms…switches are generally spread all over the place.…Providing connectivity at the edge of the network…in every building and floor…throughout an organizations physical facilities.…From a security perspective this can be a nightmare.…
Because it's critical just to keep those switches…locked away, where nobody can physically access them…without authorization.…The reason for this is simple.…If someone gains physical access to your switch…they can take physical control…of that portion of the network.…Earlier in the course you learned how virtual LANs…or VLANs may be used to increase the security of networks…by isolating unrelated systems and users from each other.…Switch administrators should implement some common…
Learn about communication and networking best practices, including TCP/IP networking, network security devices, and secure network design and management. Instructor and cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple also includes coverage of converged protocols, network encryption, and wireless networking. You can find Mike's companion study books for this series at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- IP addressing
- Switches and routers
- Content distribution networks
- Designing secure networks
- Specialized networking
- Managing secure networks
- Working with virtualized networks like SDNs
- Detecting and preventing network attaches
- Transport encryption
- Wireless networking
- Host security
Skill Level Advanced
CISSP Cert Prep: 2 Asset Securitywith Mike Chapple58m 11s Advanced
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.