Storage networking has unique needs because they are used for bandwidth-intensive communications between computing systems and the storage arrays that support them. Learn about storage network technologies, including iSCSI, Fibre Channel, Fibre Channel over Ethernet, and virtual SANs.
- [Narrator] Let's turn our attention to…a class of special purpose networks: Storage Networks.…Storage networking has unique needs because storage networks…are used for bandwidth-intensive communications…between computing systems and the storage arrays…that support them.…There are two main types of networked storage:…Network Attached Storage, or NAS, are storage devices…that connect to a network and provide storage services…to other devices on that network.…NAS devices are typically fairly simple and self contained.…
Devices accessing NAS storage use…standard storage protocols such as the CIFS protocol,…used to access file shares on Windows systems,…or NFS which is used for similar purposes on Linux systems.…Larger storage needs require the use of…Storage Area Networks, or SANs.…These are massive arrays of devices that serve networks…with very large storage requirements.…SANs differ from NAS storage in several ways.…
First, they appear to the systems using the storage as…raw disks that the operating system may format and…
Learn about communication and networking best practices, including TCP/IP networking, network security devices, and secure network design and management. Instructor and cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple also includes coverage of converged protocols, network encryption, and wireless networking. You can find Mike's companion study books for this series at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- IP addressing
- Switches and routers
- Content distribution networks
- Designing secure networks
- Specialized networking
- Managing secure networks
- Working with virtualized networks like SDNs
- Detecting and preventing network attaches
- Transport encryption
- Wireless networking
- Host security
Skill Level Advanced
CISSP Cert Prep: 2 Asset Securitywith Mike Chapple58m 11s Advanced
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.