Steganography is the process of hiding information within another file so that it is not visible to the naked eye. It is the art of hiding information in plain sight and it is a particularly valuable communications secrecy tool for those who do not want others to know that they are even communicating in the first place. Watch this video to understand how steganography hides data within binary files.
- View Offline
- [Narrator] Steganography is a concept related…to cryptography that you'll need the know to pass the exam.…Steganography is the process of hiding information…within another file so that it is not visible…to the naked eye.…It is the art of hiding information in plain sight,…and it is a particularly valuable communications…secrecy tool for these who do not want others…to know that they are even communicating in the first place.…One of the most common steganography techniques…involves hiding text within an image file.…
Images files are quite large and contain millions…of individual pixels each of which is shaded…in individual color.…That's the reason that we talk about the resolution…of a photo in terms of megapixels.…A 30 megapixel image has 30 million individual pixels,…little colored dots.…Steganography makes slight modifications to those pixels.…Perhaps adjusting the shade of a pixel by one or two tones…to create a hiding space for other information.…
If steganography slightly adjusted the shade…of a few thousand of those 30 million pixels…
Members who take all eight courses in the series will be prepared to take and pass the CISSP exam. Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Understanding security and evaluation models
- Cloud computing and virtualization
- Securing hardware
- Client and server vulnerabilities
- Web security vulnerabilities
- Securing mobile and smart devices
- Understanding encryption
- Key management and public key infrastructure
- Physical security
Skill Level Advanced
Essentials of Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
CISSP Cert Prep: 2 Asset Securitywith Mike Chapple58m 11s Advanced
1. Security Engineering
2. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
3. Hardware Security
4. Client and Server Vulnerabilities
5. Web Security
6. Mobile Security
7. Smart Device Security
9. Symmetric Cryptography
10. Asymmetric Cryptography
11. Key Management
12. Public Key Infrastructure
13. Cryptanalytic Attacks
14. Physical Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.