Digital threats aren't the only issue facing information security professionals seeking to protect their organizations. Some of the most dangerous risks come from the human threat of social engineering. These are also some of the hardest threats to protect against. In this video, you will learn what social engineering attacks are and the seven reasons that they are effective.
- [Instructor] Digital threats aren't the only issue…facing information security professionals…seeking to protect their organizations.…Some of the most dangerous risks…come from the human side of social engineering.…These are also some of the hardest threats…to protect against.…Social engineering attacks use psychological tricks…to manipulate people into performing an action…or divulging sensitive information…that undermines the organization's security.…For example, an attacker posing as a help desk technician…might use social engineering…to trick a user into revealing his or her password…over the telephone.…
Essentially, social engineering attacks…are the online version of running a con.…There are six main reasons that social engineering attacks…are successful.…These include authority and trust,…intimidation, consensus and social proof,…scarcity, urgency and familiarity and liking.…Let's dig into each of these a little bit more.…Countless psychological experiments…have shown that people will listen and defer…to someone who is conveying an air of authority.…
- Identity and access management overview
- Identification mechanisms: user names, access cards, biometrics, and registration
- Authentication factors
- Password authentication protocols
- Identity as a service (IDaaS)
- Enforcing accountability
- Managing credentials with policies
- Using access control lists
- Defending against access control attacks
Skill Level Advanced
1. Identity and Access Management
5. Credential Management
7. Access Control Attacks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.