Security depends upon the behavior of individuals. An intentional or accidental misstep by a single user can completely undermine many security controls, exposing an organization to unacceptable levels of risk. In this video, you will learn how security training programs help protect organizations against these risks.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Security depends…upon the behavior of individuals.…An intentional or accidental misstep…by a single user can completely…undermine many security controls,…exposing an organization to unacceptable levels of risk.…Security training programs help…protect organizations against these risks.…Security education programs…include two important components.…Security training provides users…with the detailed information that they need…to protect the organization's security.…
These may use a variety of delivery techniques…but the bottom line goal is to impart knowledge.…Security training takes time and attention from students.…Security awareness is meant to remind employees…about the security lessons that they've already learned.…Unlike security training,…awareness doesn't require a commitment of time…to sit down and learn new material.…Instead, awareness efforts use posters,…videos, email messages, and similar techniques…to keep security top of mind for those…who've already learned the core lessons.…
Organizations may use a variety…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.