In this video, you will learn the importance of policies in reducing risk. You will learn about the major types of security policies, including privacy, acceptable use, and information security policies. You will also understand the basic principles of security policy, including least privilege, separation of duties, mandatory vacations, and job rotation.
- [Narrator] Every organization approaches…security policies a little bit differently.…The details of an organization's policy will vary…depending upon several factors,…including the culture of the organization,…for example, an organization with a relaxed, empowering…culture might have very few policies that don't contain…detailed security restrictions.…The details of security policies also depend upon…the industry that the organization is in.…For example, healthcare providers will likely have greater…control around data privacy than a publishing company would.…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.