Security professionals spend the majority of their time designing, implementing, and managing security controls as countermeasures to the risks they identify during risk assessments. In this video, you will learn how to select appropriate security controls and how preventive, detective and corrective controls work together to build a defense-in-depth approach to information security.
- [Voiceover] Security professionals…spend the majority of their time…designing, implementing, and managing security controls,…as countermeasures to the risks…they identify during risk assessments.…Security controls are the procedures and mechanisms…that an organization puts in place…to address security risks in some manner.…This might include trying to reduce…the likelihood of a risk materializing,…minimizing the impact of a risk if it does occur,…or detecting security issues that take place.…
Before we move into the area of cyber security,…let's think for a moment about…the way that you secure your home.…You probably use a variety of different security controls.…You certainly have locks on your doors and windows,…designed to keep out intruders,…minimizing the risk of a burglary.…That's just common sense.…You might also have a burglar alarm…designed to detect intrusions,…security cameras to record activity inside your home,…automatic light switches to deter a burglar…by simulating human activity,…and any number of other controls.…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.