Risk management is a complex topic and, fortunately, organizations don’t need to design their own risk management processes from the ground up. Risk management frameworks provide proven, time-tested techniques for performing enterprise risk management. In this video, you’ll learn about the value of using a risk management framework and explore the commonly-used NIST 800-37 risk management framework.
- View Offline
- [Narrator] Risk management is a complex topic…and fortunately, organizations don't need to design…their own risk management processes from the ground up.…Risk Management Frameworks provide proven,…time-tested techniques…for performing enterprise risk management.…One of the most widely used…Risk Management Frameworks was developed by…the National Institute of Standards and Technology,…a US Federal Government agency.…The NIST process is mandatory…for many government computer systems…but private organizations have also widely adopted it…because they find it a helpful approach.…
The framework is found in NIST Special Publication 800-37.…This document runs over 60 pages…and includes great detail on the framework…that is good reading for anyone involved in risk management.…The publication is available for free on NIST's website.…For our purposes,…an overview of the six steps in the process…will be more than enough to prepare for the CISSP exam.…This diagram shows the six steps involved…in risk management, according to NIST.…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.