Quantitative risk assessment provides organizations with a way to numerically assess risks. In this video, you will learn the quantitative risk assessment process. This includes computing annualized loss expectancy, single loss expectancy, annualized rate of occurrence, mean time to repair, mean time to failure and mean time between failures.
- [Narrator] When we're able to gather…quantitative data about our assets and risks,…we can use that information…to make data-informed decisions about risk.…The process of using numeric data…to assist in risk decisions…is known as quantitative risk assessment.…Security professionals performing…quantitative risk assessment…do so for a single risk asset pairing.…For example, they might conduct an assessment…based upon the risk of flooding to a data center facility.…As they conduct this assessment,…they must first determine the values…for several variables.…
The first of these variables is the asset value or AV.…This is quite simply…the estimated value in dollars of the asset.…Risk assessors determining an asset's value…have several options at their disposal.…The original cost technique simply looks at invoices…from an asset purchase…and uses the purchase prices to determine the asset value.…This is the easiest technique to perform…because it simply requires looking at invoices.…However, it is often criticized…because the cost to actually replace an asset…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.