Many of the laws that impact information security professionals are designed to protect the privacy of individuals and protect them against both identity theft and the unwanted disclosure of personal information. In this video, you will learn about HIPAA, HITECH, FERPA, GLBA, COPPA, the Privacy Act of 1974, and the European Union GDPR.
- [Narrator] Many of the laws that impact…information security professionals…are designed to protect the privacy…of individuals and protect individuals against…both identity theft and the unwanted disclosure…of personal information.…In the United States, we have a patchwork of laws…that affect different industries depending…upon the nature of their business…and the types of sensitive information that they handle.…Probably the most well-known of these laws…is the Health Insurance Portability…and Accountability Act or HIPAAA.…
Passed in 1996, HIPAA places strict privacy…and security regulations on healthcare providers,…health insurers, and health information clearinghouses.…These three groups collectively known…as HIPAA covered entities must ensure the privacy…and security of protected health information…or PHI that they handle.…HIPAA was updated in 2009 with…the passage of the Health Information Technology…for Economic and Clinical Health or HITECH Act.…
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act…or FERPA regulates how educational institutions…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.