Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of CISSP Cert Prep: 4 Communication and Network Security.
- [Mike] Thanks for watching…the CISSP communication and network security course.…It's been my pleasure to join you for this journey…through the world of communications and network security.…I hope that as you've completed this course,…you found it interesting and helpful…in preparing for the CISSP exam.…You should now have a solid foundation for…the communication and network security domain of that exam.…If you're following my CISSP course series in order,…congratulations, you're halfway done.…
You've now finished the fourth of eight domains…and are ready to move on to domain five.…Go ahead and turn to the…CISSP identity and access management course next.…Good luck with the rest of your test preparation.…
Looking for study partners?Join the CISSP Exam study group
The Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification is an important component of any security professional's resume, and is a requirement for many top jobs. In this course, prepare for the fourth domain of the exam: Communications and Network Security. Instructor and cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple goes over TCP/IP networking, network security devices, and secure network design. Mike also includes coverage of specialized networking, network attacks, wireless networking, and more. The CISSP exam domains can be found here.
- How IP addresses are assigned and managed
- Multilayer protocols
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Designing secure networks
- Firewall management techniques
- Maintaining network availability
- Software defined networking (SDN)
- Port isolation
- Network attacks
- How Wi-Fi networks function
- WPA, WPS, and propagation attacks
- Host-based network security control
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.