Multilayer network communication protocols provide standards that allow diverse systems to communicate with each other. In this video, learn about the Distributed Network Protocol, or DNP3. DNP3 is a set of networking protocols designed specifically for use in a class of systems known as supervisory control and data acquisition, or SCADA systems.
- [Instructor] Multilayer network communication protocols…provide standards that allow diverse systems…to communicate with each other over a network.…The most common multilayer protocol…that security professionals encounter…is the TCP/IP suite of network protocols.…TCP/IP powers the internet, and almost every…local area network on the planet today.…However, TCP/IP is not the only multilayer protocol…that CISSP candidates need to be familiar with.…
The distributed network protocol, or DNP3,…is a set of networking protocols designed specifically…for use in a class of systems known as…supervisory control and data acquisition,…or SCADA systems.…DNP3 facilitates communications between devices…using three distinct components.…First, the purpose of these systems is to allow…the collection of data from intelligent…electronic devices that are located…at a series of remote substations,…and to transmit control commands to those devices.…
Each one of these remote substations…has a remote terminal unit, or RTU,…that provides connectivity for all of the…
Looking for study partners?Join the CISSP Exam study group
The Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification is an important component of any security professional's resume, and is a requirement for many top jobs. In this course, prepare for the fourth domain of the exam: Communications and Network Security. Instructor and cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple goes over TCP/IP networking, network security devices, and secure network design. Mike also includes coverage of specialized networking, network attacks, wireless networking, and more. The CISSP exam domains can be found here.
- How IP addresses are assigned and managed
- Multilayer protocols
- VPNs and VPN concentrators
- Designing secure networks
- Firewall management techniques
- Maintaining network availability
- Software defined networking (SDN)
- Port isolation
- Network attacks
- How Wi-Fi networks function
- WPA, WPS, and propagation attacks
- Host-based network security control
Skill Level Advanced
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.