Organizations must be sure to take steps to measure the effectiveness of their security education efforts and justify the investment of resources in these programs. In this video, you will learn about surveys and other means that can be used to measure the effectiveness of security and compliance training programs.
- [Instructor] Security education is an important component…of any organization's information security program.…If employees don't know their security responsibilities,…you can't depend upon them to do their part…to protect information and systems.…It's important that organizations take steps to measure…the effectiveness of their security education efforts.…In an earlier video we looked at one way to measure security…awareness through the use of simulated phishing campaigns.…
That certainly is a valid way to measure the effectiveness…of anti-phishing education programs,…but you don't need to go to those great lengths to measure…the effectiveness of your security education program.…Security awareness measuring efforts…don't need to be complicated.…One easy way to measure the effectiveness of your program…is simply to ask users how they feel…about security education in a survey.…You might simply ask, how well do you think our organization…prepares you to deal with information security threats?…Or, do you know your information security responsibilities?…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.