Vendors play an important role in the information technology operations of every organization. In this video, you will learn how to manage these vendor relationships, including proper onboarding and offboarding procedures, adherence to security policies, and the security risks of integrating systems and data with third parties.
- [Narrator] Vendors play an important role in the…information technology operations of every organization,…whether it's the simple purchasing of hardware…or software from an external company, or the provision of…cloud-computing services from a strategic partner,…vendors are integral in providing the IT services…that we offer our customers.…Security professionals must pay careful attention…to managing these vendor relationships in a way…that protects the confidentiality, integrity,…and availability of their organization's information,…and IT systems.…
Perhaps the most important rule of thumb is that…you should always ensure that vendors follow security…policies and procedures that are at least as effective…as you would apply in your own environment.…Vendors extend your organization's technology environment,…and, if they handle data on your behalf,…you should expect that they execute the same degree…of care that you would in your own operations.…Otherwise, vendors may become the weak link in the chain,…and jeopardize your security objectives.…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.