Roles provide administrators with an easy way to manage security permissions. Administrators can create roles, which group permissions together in a manner that they may be assigned to multiple users at the same time. In this video, you learn how to use roles for account management and the danger of using shared and generic accounts.
- [Teacher] Roles provide administrators…with an easy way to manage security permissions.…Administrators can create roles…which group permissions together in a manner…that they may be assigned to multiple users…at the same time.…In Windows, we can use security groups…to manage roles and their permissions.…The major benefit of roles is that they…simplify account management.…When a new user joins a team,…administrators can simply assign that…new user to the team's role,…and then the user will get all of the permissions…already associated with their new job.…
When the user leaves, the administrator…may remove the role and those permissions go away.…Roles also eliminate the need…for dangerous account practices,…the use of shared and generic accounts.…In some organizations, administrators create…generic accounts such as one for the…HR department or for all receptionists.…This way administrators don't need…to create new accounts for each user…and manage the permissions on those accounts.…The danger with this approach…is that it becomes difficult to track…
- Identity and access management overview
- Identification mechanisms: user names, access cards, biometrics, and registration
- Authentication factors
- Password authentication protocols
- Identity as a service (IDaaS)
- Enforcing accountability
- Managing credentials with policies
- Using access control lists
- Defending against access control attacks
Skill Level Advanced
1. Identity and Access Management
5. Credential Management
7. Access Control Attacks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.