Malware is one of the gravest threats to the security of computers and mobile devices. Learn about the concept of malware management including antivirus, antispyware, pop-up blockers and spam filtering.
- [Instructor] Malware is one of the gravest threats…to the security of computers, and mobile devices.…Malware is short for malicious software,…and consists of software designed for the sole purpose…of disrupting the confidentiality, integrity,…and availability of information, and systems.…There are many different kinds of malware.…But, let's talk about four types…that you'll need to know, for the exam,…viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and spyware.…Viruses are malicious code objects,…that spread from system to system, after some human action.…
They might be transported on removable media,…or spread via e mail attachments, for example.…They carry a malicious payload,…that carries out the virus author's intent,…such as stealing data, or joining a system to a Botnet.…Worms carry payloads similar to those carried by viruses,…but have one important distinction.…They spread on their own power, and,…don't require user action, to move from system to system.…Instead, they scan networks, seeking out…vulnerable systems, to compromise.…
Learn about communication and networking best practices, including TCP/IP networking, network security devices, and secure network design and management. Instructor and cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple also includes coverage of converged protocols, network encryption, and wireless networking. You can find Mike's companion study books for this series at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- IP addressing
- Switches and routers
- Content distribution networks
- Designing secure networks
- Specialized networking
- Managing secure networks
- Working with virtualized networks like SDNs
- Detecting and preventing network attaches
- Transport encryption
- Wireless networking
- Host security
Skill Level Advanced
CISSP Cert Prep: 2 Asset Securitywith Mike Chapple58m 11s Advanced
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.