Modern software systems are extremely complex and interrelated. These large systems require many different teams of developers who may work for different companies to tie their code together using standardized interfaces. Testing these interfaces for correct functionality is a critical part of any application development effort. In this video, learn about interface testing.
- [Instructor] Modern software systems…are extremely complex and interrelated.…These large systems require many different teams…of developers who may even work for different companies…to tie their code together using standardized interfaces.…Testing these interfaces for correct functionality…is a critical part of any application development effort.…Think for a moment about an airline's booking system.…What are some of the business functions…that application developers must handle…when developing this system?…Certainly they need be able to book passengers on flights.…
They also need to be able to schedule airplanes,…manage aircraft maintenance, assign crew to each flight,…track and deliver baggage,…send information to air traffic controllers,…share data with the federal government for security…and aviation safety purposes, and many other functions.…If I asked you to sit down and write this system…from scratch, you'd likely find it an impossible task.…It's simply too complicated.…Developers face these challenges every day…
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A completed Learning Path of the series will be available once all the courses are released.
- Using security assessment tools
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Threat assessment techniques
- Performing penetration testing
- Reviewing monitor logs
- Performing code reviews
- Performing fuzz testing and misuse case testing
- Analyzing coverage
- Assessing disaster recovery sites and backups
- Testing BC/DR plans
- Collecting security process data and metrics
- Auditing and control management