The legal mechanisms available to protect privacy include copyrights, trademarks, patents, and trade secrets. Each of these mechanisms includes different legal provisions and provides differing levels of protection for an organization's intellectual property. In this video, you will learn about each of these four mechanisms.
- [Narrator] One of the most important responsibilities…of information security professionals…is protecting the intellectual property…belonging to their organizations…from unauthorized use or disclosure.…There are a series of legal mechanisms available…to protect intellectual property.…These include copyrights, trademarks,…patents, and trade secrets.…Each type of intellectual property protection…covers different types of information in different ways.…Copyrights protect creative works against theft.…
Information protected by copyright…includes books, web content, magazines…and other written works, as well as art,…music, and even computer software.…Copyright protection is automatically granted…to the creator of a work upon creation.…Although copyright owners may choose…to register their copyright with government authorities,…this is not a legal requirement.…In the United States, the Library of Congress…administers the copyright program…through the United States Copyright Office.…
The length of copyright protection varies widely…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.