Many different types of threats face an organization. Security professionals use threat modeling techniques to identify and prioritize those threats and assist in the implementation of security controls. In this video, you will learn about threat modeling as well as the roles played by adversaries, contractors, employees, and trusted partners.
- [Voiceover] Organizations face many different kinds…of threats and it's often difficult to keep track…of them all and identify those that pose the greatest risk.…Security professionals use threat modeling techniques…to identify and prioritize threats and assist in the…implementation of security controls.…When identifying potential threats to an organization,…security professionals should use a structured approach.…Don't just sit down and start thinking of all the things…that could go wrong.…It's too easy to leave things out with that type…of haphazard approach to threat identification.…
Instead, conduct a structured walkthrough of the…potential threats to information and systems.…Let's look at three ways that an organization can use…a structured approach to threat identification.…First, an organization can use an asset focused approach.…In this approach, analysts use the organization's asset…inventory as the basis for their analysis, and walk through,…asset by asset,…identifying the potential threats to each asset.…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.