Every employee eventually leaves an organization for one reason or another. In this video, you’ll learn how security professionals should ensure that termination processes include a reminder of the employee’s responsibility under their NDA, proper revocation of access, and retrieval of company property.
- [Narrator] Every employee eventually leaves…an organization for one reason or another.…In the happiest case they're retiring…after years of successful employment.…In other cases they're voluntarily leaving…because they found a more attractive position elsewhere.…Sometimes however the termination is…on less positive grounds and the employee…is being forced out of the organization…through layoffs or firing.…No matter the reason, it's very important…that security teams play a role in…the employee termination process.…
Organizations should do everything they can…to make an employee separation as pleasant…as possible given the circumstances.…One way to do this is through an exit interview…usually conducted by a senior manager…or a member of the human resources department.…Exit interviews are used to gather information…about the employee's experience at the company…and wish them well in their future endeavors.…Exit interviews are also a useful time…to gently remind the employee…about his or her responsibilities under…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.