During the course of employment, organizations gather all kinds of sensitive information about employees. In this video, you’ll learn how organizations should use minimization, access limitations, encryption and masking to protect the privacy of the sensitive personal information that they collect and store about their employees.
- [Instructor] During the course of employment,…organizations gather all kinds of sensitive information…about their employees.…Much of this information, employees would normally prefer…to be kept private.…This includes the results of pre-employment background…checks, credit checks, and other screenings,…social security numbers collected for tax purposes,…salary and other payroll information,…health information and information about other types…of employee benefits, and a large number…of other pieces of sensitive information…that the organization collects.…
Employers have both a legal and ethical responsibility…to protect employee information from prying eyes,…and ensure that it is not lost or stolen.…Employees trust their employers to preserve their privacy,…and there are many ways that the organization…can meet this responsibility.…First is the principle of Minimization.…Organizations should collect only the information…that they need in the legitimate course of employment,…and they should store that information only as long…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.