As companies turn to telecommuting and other remote work arrangements, the demand increases for technologies that allow those users to easily interact with enterprise systems from their homes and other locations. Learn about desktop virtualization (VDI), application virtualization and screen scraping.
- [Instructor] As organizations turn to telecommuting…and other remote work arrangements…to help their employees,…the demand increases for technologies…that allow those employees to easily interact…with enterprise systems from their homes…and other locations.…Virtual desktop infrastructure, or VDI solutions,…take the power of virtualization technology…and apply it to desktop computing.…Users can use any system of their choice…to access a standardized desktop environment…that's running on a remote server…and has access to a standard set of applications…and settings configured for enterprise use.…
These solutions might be a VDI product…running in a company's own data center…or a cloud-based VDI product, such as Amazon's WorkSpaces.…Let's take a look at setting up…a new desktop in Amazon WorkSpaces.…Here I am at the Amazon Web Services console.…I'm going to go ahead and scroll down here…to enterprise applications, and we find WorkSpaces,…desktops in the cloud.…Click on that, and then I'm brought…to the WorkSpaces management console.…
Learn about communication and networking best practices, including TCP/IP networking, network security devices, and secure network design and management. Instructor and cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple also includes coverage of converged protocols, network encryption, and wireless networking. You can find Mike's companion study books for this series at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- IP addressing
- Switches and routers
- Content distribution networks
- Designing secure networks
- Specialized networking
- Managing secure networks
- Working with virtualized networks like SDNs
- Detecting and preventing network attaches
- Transport encryption
- Wireless networking
- Host security
Skill Level Advanced
CISSP Cert Prep: 2 Asset Security (2015)with Mike Chapple58m 11s Advanced
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.