In the unfortunate event of a known or suspected data breach, information security professionals have a range of responsibilities dictated by laws and regulations. In this video, you will learn about industry-specific data breach notification laws, state breach notification laws, and the categories of personally identifiable information (PII).
- [Instructor] In the unfortunate event…of a known or suspected data breach,…information security professionals have a range…of responsibilities dictated by laws and regulations.…Like many other security regulations in the United States,…data breach laws are a patchwork…of regulations that apply in different ways.…Some rules apply to specific industries,…such as HIPAAA for the healthcare industry,…or PCI DSS for the credit card industry.…Other data breach regulations apply…to specific jurisdictions, such as the state by state…data breach notification laws.…
Generally speaking, these laws apply when an organization…knows or suspects that it has suffered a breach…of personally identifiable information, or PII.…The specific definition of PII varies from state to state,…but there are several common elements found in these laws.…They often include social security numbers,…driver's license numbers, and bank account numbers,…but they may extend to other information as well.…Some of the common requirements when an organization…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.