Content distribution networks provide organizations who might experience a high volume of web traffic from around the world a way to satisfy that demand without building out massive web infrastructures. They also provide advanced security features that can protect web environments from many types of attack. Learn how CDNs function and the security advantages they can offer.
- [Narrator] Content Distribution Networks…provide organizations who might experience…a high volume of web traffic from around the world…a way to satisfy that demand…without building out massive web infrastructures.…CDNs also provide advanced security features…that can protect web environments from many types of attack.…One quick note on terminology.…Everyone agrees that this technology…goes by the acronym CDN…but people differ on what the D stands for.…Most technologists describe CDNs as…Content Delivery Networks.…
The CISSP Body of Knowledge…describes them as Content Distribution Networks…so I'll use that term in this course.…It's mostly just a matter of semantics…but you should be aware that both CDNs are the same thing.…When organizations expect a high volume of…web traffic to their servers the natural response…is to simply increase the capacity…of their web server farm…by adding more servers to meet additional demand.…This can quickly become a cat and mouse game…as usage increases, creating demand for even more servers.…
Learn about communication and networking best practices, including TCP/IP networking, network security devices, and secure network design and management. Instructor and cybersecurity expert Mike Chapple also includes coverage of converged protocols, network encryption, and wireless networking. You can find Mike's companion study books for this series at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- IP addressing
- Switches and routers
- Content distribution networks
- Designing secure networks
- Specialized networking
- Managing secure networks
- Working with virtualized networks like SDNs
- Detecting and preventing network attaches
- Transport encryption
- Wireless networking
- Host security
Skill Level Advanced
CISSP Cert Prep: 2 Asset Securitywith Mike Chapple58m 11s Advanced
1. TCP/IP Networking
2. Network Security Devices
3. Designing Secure Networks
4. Specialized Networking
5. Secure Network Management
6. Virtualized Networks
Port isolation1m 47s
7. Network Attacks
8. Transport Encryption
9. Wireless Networking
10. Host Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.