While we typically develop security programs for the purposes of safeguarding the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of our information, we often also face external requirements to build security controls. In this video, you will learn about information security compliance issues, including compliance with laws, regulations, best practices, and standards.
- [Instructor] While we typically develop security programs…for the purpose of safeguarding the confidentiality,…integrity and availability of our information,…we also often face external requirements…to build security controls.…Compliance programs ensure that…an organization's security controls are consistent…with the variety of laws, regulations…and standards that govern organizations.…There are a wide variety of compliance obligations…facing modern enterprises, and these obligations differ…depending upon the geographic location…of the organization and its industry.…
A university in the United States has…far different compliance requirements, for example,…than a retail merchant in Europe.…Both organizations may face a significant compliance burden…but the details will vary.…Security training programs should include coverage of…the specific compliance obligations facing an organization…as well as the responsibilities of individual employees…to ensure continued compliance.…For example, if a law requires…that employees never write down credit card numbers,…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.