Cloud computing allows us to make hardware a complete abstraction so that the engineers and developers who manage servers and write code simply don’t need to know the details of managing the underlying hardware platform. In this video, learn about the four major cloud computing models: public cloud, private cloud, hybrid cloud, and community cloud.
- View Offline
- [Instructor] Cloud computing is the information storage…and processing model of the future.…In the last video, you learned how virtualization…was a major advance in the industry, that evolved over time…from mainframe computing, to the client-server model,…and eventually developed the virtualization technology…that allowed the use of the client-server model,…on efficiently shared hardware.…Cloud computing is the next logical evolution…in the enterprise information technology world.…Virtualization made computing hardware a commodity.…
Cloud computing simply allows us to make hardware…a complete abstraction, so that the engineers and developers…who manage servers and write code, don't need to know…the details of managing the underlying hardware platform.…In many cases, that platform may be managed…by a completely separate company.…Cloud computing, simply defined,…is the delivery of computing resources over a network,…such as the Internet, as a service.…The cloud offers many benefits to organizations.…
It provides flexibility and scalability that organizations…
Members who take all eight courses in the series will be prepared to take and pass the CISSP exam. Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Understanding security and evaluation models
- Cloud computing and virtualization
- Securing hardware
- Client and server vulnerabilities
- Web security vulnerabilities
- Securing mobile and smart devices
- Understanding encryption
- Key management and public key infrastructure
- Physical security
Skill Level Advanced
Essentials of Cryptography and Network Securitywith Lisa Bock1h 45m Intermediate
CISSP Cert Prep: 2 Asset Securitywith Mike Chapple58m 11s Advanced
1. Security Engineering
2. Cloud Computing and Virtualization
3. Hardware Security
4. Client and Server Vulnerabilities
5. Web Security
6. Mobile Security
7. Smart Device Security
9. Symmetric Cryptography
10. Asymmetric Cryptography
11. Key Management
12. Public Key Infrastructure
13. Cryptanalytic Attacks
14. Physical Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.