- Identity and access management overview
- Identification mechanisms: user names, access cards, biometrics, and registration
- Authentication factors
- Password authentication protocols
- Identity as a service (IDaaS)
- Enforcing accountability
- Managing credentials with policies
- Using access control lists
- Defending against access control attacks
Skill Level Advanced
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple and I'd like to welcome you to our CISPP Identity and Access Management course. The Certified Information Systems Security Professional, or CISSP certification, is the gold standard for information security certification. You'll find that it's a core requirement for many mid and senior level information security positions. Earning the CISSP requires demonstrating that you have sufficient work experience in passing an exam covering the eight domains of information security.
This course covers the fifth of those eight domains, Identity and Access Management. I have two decades of experience as a information security professional and I've been involved in CISSP certification and training for most of those. As you work your way through this course, you might find it helpful to have two books that I've written by your side. The first is the official CISSP study guide, available from Cibex. This book is approved by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium as the official study guide for the exam and it contains context that supplements this course and will help you be prepared when you take the exam.
The second book you'll want is the Official CISSP Practice Tests, also available from Cibex. This book contains 1,300 practice exam questions designed to mimic those on the actual exam. It has an entire chapter dedicated to questions from each domain, along with two full length practice tests to help you assess your progress. As we work our way through this course, we will focus on each topic covered by domain five. We'll review how to control physical and logical access to information and information systems.
We'll also cover managing secure identification, authentication, and authorization processes. You'll learn how you can prevent or mitigate access control attacks. And that's just a small sampling of the many topics covered in this course. These topics combined with the information you learn in our other CISSP courses, will help you pass the CISSP exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security. Alright, let's get rolling.