Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
Note: This course is part of a series releasing throughout 2018. A completed Learning Path of the series will be available once all the courses are released.
- Understanding data security policies and roles
- Limiting data collection
- Developing security baselines
- Leveraging industry standards
- Restricting access to data with Windows and Linux file permissions
- Encrypting data
- Securing cloud storage
Skill Level Advanced
- [Mike] Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to welcome you to our CISSP Asset Security course. The Certified Information System Security Professional, or CISSP, certification, is the gold standard for information security certification. You'll find that it is a core requirement for many mid- and senior-level security positions. Earning the CISSP requires demonstrating that you have sufficient work experience and passing an exam covering the eight domains of information security.
This course covers the second of those eight domains: asset security. 10% of the questions on the CISSP exam come from this domain. I have two decades of experience as an information security professional and I've been involved in CISSP training and certification for most of those. As you work your way through this course, you might find it helpful to have two books that I've written by your side. The first is the Official CISSP Study Guide, available from Sybex.
This book is approved by (ISC)2 as the official study guide for the exam, and it contains context that supplements this course and will help you be prepared when you take the exam. The second book that you'll want is the Official CISSP Practice Tests, also available from Sybex. This book contains over 1,300 practice exam questions designed to mimic those on the actual exam. The book has an entire chapter dedicated to questions from each domain, along with two full-length practice tests to help you assess your progress.
As we work our way through this course, we will focus on each topic covered by domain two. We'll review the concepts of data governance, including information classification and ownership. We'll also cover information security and privacy controls, including data handling requirements. You'll learn about the proper retention and disposal of sensitive information. That's just a small sampling of the many topics covered in this course. These topics, combined with the information you learn in our other CISSP courses, will help you pass the CISSP exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in cybersecurity.
In addition to using this course and the companion books to prepare for the exam, I encourage you to visit my website at certmike.com and sign up for my free CISSP study group. I'll send you weekly emails guiding you through the exam preparation process and offering you test taking tips to help you get ready for the exam. Alright, let's get rolling.