Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Understanding data security policies and roles
- Limiting data collection
- Developing security baselines
- Leveraging industry standards
- Restricting access to data with Windows and Linux file permissions
- Encrypting data
- Securing cloud storage
Skill Level Advanced
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple, and I'd like to welcome you to our CISSP asset security course. The Certified Information Systems Security Professional, or CISSP certification is the gold standard for information security certification. You'll find that it's a core requirement for many mid and senior level information security positions. Earning the CISSP requires demonstrating that you have sufficient work experience and passing an exam covering the eight domains of information security. This course covers the second of those eight domains, asset security. 10% of the questions on the CISSP exam come from this domain. I have two decades of experience as an information security professional, and I've been involved in CISSP training and certification for most of those. As you work your way through this course, you might find it helpful to have two books that I've written by your side. The first is the official CISSP Study Guide available from Sybex. The second book you'll want are the official CISSP Practice Tests also available from Sybex. As we work our way through this course, we'll focus on each topic covered by domain two. We'll review the concepts of data governance, including information classification and ownership. We'll also cover information security and privacy controls, including data handling requirements. You'll learn about the proper retention and disposal of sensitive information, and that's just a small sampling of the many topics covered in this course. These topics combined with the information you learn in our other CISSP courses will help you pass the CISSP exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career and information security. In addition to using this course and the companion books to prepare for the exam, I encourage you to visit my website at www.certmike.com and sign up for my free CISSP study group. I'll send you weekly emails guiding you through the exam preparation process and offer you test taking tips to help you get ready for the exam. All right, let's get rolling.