Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
- Hi, I'm Mike Chapple and I'd like to welcome you to our CISSP Security and Risk Management course. The Certified Information System Security Professional, or CISSP certification, is the gold standard for information security certification. You'll find that it's a core requirement for many mid and senior level information security positions. Earning the CISSP requires demonstrating that you have sufficient work experience and passing an exam covering the eight domains of information security.
This course covers the first of those eight domains, security and risk management. I have two decades of experience as an information security professional and I've been involved in CISSP training and certification for most of those. As you work your way through this course, you might find it helpful to have two books that I've written by your side. The first, is the Official CISSP Study Guide, available from Sybex. This book is approved by the International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium as the official study guide for the exam.
And it contains context that supplements this course and will help you be prepared when you take the exam. The second book you'll want is the Official CISSP Practice Tests, also available from Sybex. This book contains 13 hundred practice exam questions designed to mimic those on the actual exam. It has an entire chapter dedicated to questions from each domain along with two full length practice tests to help you assess your progress. As we work our way through this course, we will focus on each topic covered by domain one.
We'll review the concepts of confidentiality, integrity, and availability in information security. We'll also cover security governance and risk management issues as well as the legal, regulatory, and compliance environment effecting security professionals. You'll learn about the importance of security policies, and the security awareness and education framework. And that's just a small sampling of the many topics covered in this course. These topics combined with the information you learn in our other CISSP courses will help you pass the CISSP exam and also provide a critical foundation for your career in information security.
All right, let's get rolling.