Business continuity professionals have a variety of tools at their disposal to help remediate potential availability issues. In this video, you will learn the common controls used to implement business continuity plans, including single point of failure analysis, continuity of operations plans, succession plans, and IT contingency planning.
- [Instructor] Business continuity professionals…have a variety of tools at their disposal…to help remediate potential availability issues.…One of the critical ways that IT professionals…protect the availability of systems…is ensuring that they are redundant.…That simply means that systems are designed…in such a way that the failure…of a single component doesn't bring the entire system down.…Business can continue in the face…of a single, predictable failure.…The Single Point of Failure Analysis process…provides security professionals…with a mechanism to identify and remove…single points of failure from their systems.…
Let's look at an example.…Here we have a simple web-based application.…A web server protected by a firewall…and connected to the internet.…As we conduct a Single Point of Failure Analysis,…we might first notice that the web server itself…is a single point of failure.…If anything goes wrong with this server,…the web service will stop functioning.…We can correct the situation by replacing…the single web server with a clustered farm…
Members who complete this course will be prepared to answer questions on the Security and Risk Management domain of the CISSP exam, and establish a critical foundation for the rest of their careers.
Find the companion study books at the Sybex test prep site and review the complete CISSP Body of Knowledge at https://www.isc2.org/cissp-domains/default.aspx.
- Aligning security with the business
- Using control frameworks
- Understanding compliance ethics
- Implementing effective security policies
- Ensuring the security of employees
- Managing risk
- Identifying threats
- Managing vendors
- Building security awareness and conducting security training
Skill Level Advanced
1. Security Governance
2. Compliance and Ethics
3. Security Policy
4. Business Continuity
5. Personnel Security
6. Risk Management
7. Threat Modeling
8. Vendor Management
Vendor agreements3m 34s
9. Awareness and Training
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.