Security professionals may take advantage of account policies to apply security requirements and other configuration settings across the domain. Windows Active Directory provides Group Policy functionality to allow this type of configuration. In this video, you learn the use of account policies to implement controls.
- [Instructor] Security professionals may take advantage…of account policies to apply security requirements…and other configuration settings across the domain.…Windows Active Directory provides…group policy functionality to allow…this type of configuration.…Administrators may create Group Policy Objects, or GPOs,…which are groups of configuration settings,…and then apply those GPOs to either…an entire domain, or smaller groups of users…and computers known as organizational units.…
Let's create a Group Policy Object together…on a Windows server.…We'll work together to design a policy…that requires the use of a password-protected…screen saver for all users.…From Server Manager, we pull down the Tools menu…and choose the Group Policy Management tool.…We drill down to our domain, corp.TestDomain.com,…and expand the Group Policy Objects folder.…Notice that there are only two default policies here.…
We right-click on the folder and choose New…from the popup menu.…Let's give our GPO a logical name,…say screen saver Policy, and click OK.…
- Identity and access management overview
- Identification mechanisms: user names, access cards, biometrics, and registration
- Authentication factors
- Password authentication protocols
- Identity as a service (IDaaS)
- Enforcing accountability
- Managing credentials with policies
- Using access control lists
- Defending against access control attacks
Skill Level Advanced
1. Identity and Access Management
5. Credential Management
7. Access Control Attacks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.