Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video The selection island shortcut, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- A small, undocumented feature which just came…into my attention is the following.…As you remember, when we have the UV polygons…and the selection tool, we select any number…of polygons, Shift+select, and then we can go…to Select Geometry and Select Connected.…Actually, there's a shortcut for this.…If, in UV polygon mode, and Selection mode,…if I press the Alt key or the Option key on the Mac…and click, you select the whole island in one go.…
Very handy, and luckily,…I just found about it a few days ago.…Enjoy!…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.