Join Andy Needham for an in-depth discussion in this video The philosophy of VFX modeling, part of Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: VFX.
- [Instructor] In all aspects of visual effects, … you're trying to fool the eye into believing … what is on screen is mimicking real life. … Now there's an important distinction … between reproducing and mimicking. … Visual effects are a series of creative cheats, … and so is modeling for visual effects. … It's important to understand the detail … and the amount of work needed to successfully fool the eye … and get the job done. … You wouldn't create an elaborate particle simulation … for an element that is way off in the distance … where a simple stock video asset could be used. … Just as in modeling, … you don't need to model the back of an object … if the camera isn't going to see it. … So let's take a look at these models here. … We have a High Res and a Low Res version … of each spaceship here. … So we can press Shift + V. … In the HUD settings, we'll choose Total Polygons. … When we select an object, … we can see that the Total Polys … for the High Res model is around 89,000. …
- What are VFX?
- Automatic and manual 2D tracking
- Solving the 3D camera
- Calibrating a camera
- Scene reconstruction
- Object tracking
- Animating geometry
- Animating cameras
- Creating and applying materials
- Working with Projection Man
- Creating fractures
- Making fractures move
- Rendering using takes and tokens
- Compositing multipass renders
Skill Level Intermediate
OctaneRender for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
X-Particles 4 for Cinema 4D Essential Trainingwith Andy Needham5h 40m Intermediate
Cinema 4D R20 Essential Training: Motion Graphicswith Andy Needham4h 59m Intermediate
1. What Are VFX?
2. Get Started with Motion Tracking in C4D
3. Motion Tracker: Solve and Calibrate
4. Motion Tracker: Additional Workflows
5. Geometry, Cameras, and Animation
6. Materials and Lighting
7. Work with Projection Man
8. Destruction Techniques with Voronoi Fracture
9. Takes, Tokens, and Rendering
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.