Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Wrapping up the dinosaur, part of Up and Running with Bodypaint in CINEMA 4D.
- With our delightful T-Rex all nicely unwrapped,…let's go and turn him into a real dinosaur,…because yeah, this poor guy…feels half-naked.…So let me turn everything on,…his eyes, oh, that's interesting.…(chuckles) I love these things.…So, let's make sure…that everything is exactly where it needs to be.…We have a bit of an offset here.…
The same thing with the body.…So let me make a Null…as a parent of the body.…Drop everything in,…that's good.…Let's move this right to the center,…I like that,…and let's select the body and Alt,…create a Symmetry.…If you create an object pressing Alt,…then that will be placed as a parent automatically.…Good.…I'm going to make this editable.…
Drag it out.…And you will see in the UV Edit…that although now he's got two sides,…we can only see one.…That's not exactly the case.…What we are seeing here is…only one side.…There you go.…The other side is right underneath.…If you are going to paint something which is symmetrical,…then I would suggest leave it as it is.…
But if not, then we need to do something…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.