Join Thanassis Pozantzis for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with texture brushes, part of Learning Bodypaint in Cinema 4D.
- Here we are with Mookie again.…Now, I'm going to create a paintable material,…but I'm going to do part of the work in the…start up layout not the 3D body paint layout.…And, I'm going to double-click here.…Name it Mookie.…And then double-click on the material,…get the material editor.…Go to the color channel, and go to texture.…Create new texture.…This is going to present us with the same panel as usual.…And I'll make it a nice, dark green.…
Press okay…And next step to grab the material…and drop it on Mookie's body.…Let me close this.…If I go to the paint layout and get my brush,…I still can't paint on this.…And the reason is the following.…if I go to materials, I need to activate it.…When I activate this you will see that…we'll be presented with the…color channel and it's paintable.…So now all I have to do is go grab…a color and paint something on Mookie.…
Good, let me paint a circle on his nose.…And some jaggedy eyebrows.…That's fantastic. Good.…So, we can paint using a solid color,…but I promised you that I'll show…
Author Thanassis Pozantzis covers a wide set of techniques, from material projections and generating UV maps to UV unwrapping, both for hard surface models (such as packaging and mechanical objects) to organic models (including humans, monsters, and animals). Start here to learn how to incorporate BodyPaint into your production workflow.
- Everything you need to know about material projections
- Creating and editing UV maps
- Setting up a project in the BodyPaint interface
- Unwrapping UVs, from cubes to bananas
- Hard-surface model unwrapping
- Organic model unwrapping
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
1. It's All About UV Maps
2. 3D Painting
3. Everything About the BodyPaint Interface
4. Unwrapping Everything
5. Unwrapping Project - Dinosaur
6. Unwrapping Project - Mookie
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.