Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Cloth tag: Tag tab, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Cinema 4D's cloth tag allows any polygonal object…to take on cloth like properties.…Here is this video,…we'll examine some of the key parameters…that will help bring realism to our cloth simulations.…More specifically, we'll study up on the tag tab…of the cloth engine.…Here in this scene,…I've got several of the different properties…inside of that tag tab.…Let me click over here onto the cloth tag…and this tab here, tag.…We'll be looking at iterations, stiffness,…flexion, and rubber.…And, as you can see…with tweaks of a few different parameters…you can have several different moving cloth simulations.…
The characteristics are really different…and as you're going through the process…of trying to find and dial in…the look that you're after,…you'll be going through multiple iterations of it.…Let's stop this and I'm going to select all my cloth tags…because currently they're all enabled…and while I can certainly twirl down each one…and command click to multi-select them,…there's an easier way to select all the cloth tags…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with CINEMA 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.