Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Cloth tag: Forces tab, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- In this video we'll continue to look at…the Cloth Tag's parameters with the Forces tab.…Inside this tab we have Gravity, Global Drag,…and Wind parameters.…We're going to break down each one, starting with Wind.…So let's come over here to this Wind example here…and I'm going to hit Play.…And by default it comes with these values here.…So there's not much Wind Direction here,…at this first set of parameters here.…And as you might expect Wind Direction…this is kind of telling the Force of Wind…how to affect our cloth and from what direction.…
So, X would be…how much Force is exhibited from left to right…and right now there's zero.…So if we set this to something like 120…and turn up our Wind Strength from zero to one…you'll notice that there's a little gentle breeze there…going from left to right and that's a positive value.…If we set it to -120…the wind's going to blow from right to left.…And likewise for all these other values here.…If we set this to zero and wanted to increase the Direction…that the Wind is coming up from underneath us…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.