Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Cloth tag: Expert tab, part of Cinema 4D: Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics.
- In this video…we'll take a look at the Cloth Tags last tab,…the Expert tab and examine some of its settings there.…The Expert tab has Sub Sampling, Self Collision,…and several other parameters that I kind of refer to…as a means to troubleshoot Cloth simulations…and to help enhance the realism.…So let's take a look at Self Collision.…I'll hit Play on this.…You'll notice that the Cloth simulation itself…has certain areas that start intersecting…and penetrating the geometry of itself.…
So that, obviously not being very realistic…we're going to come here and rewind…and enable Self Collision.…And this basically tells Cinema 4D to examine Points,…Edges, and Polygons of the geometry itself…and look within a certain radius,…as defined over here.…And anything that comes in within this certain radius…it wants to kind of disable or stop moving those Points,…those Edges or Polygons any further.…And thereby preventing any intersecting.…
So let's take a look again with it enabled…and you'll see that now…the intersecting doesn't happen as much.…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with Cinema 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Creating a Sports Bumperwith EJ Hassenfratz2h 26m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.