Join Alan Demafiles for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the Cloth tag: Dresser tab, part of Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this video, we'll continue to…explore the cloth tag's various properties…under the Dresser tab.…So, in our cloth tag we've got the…Dresser tab selected, and we've got Dress Mode,…Relax, Dress O-matic,…several of these different settings…that really pertain to character animation and clothing.…We're only going to touch on a couple of these,…notably, Initialized State and Fix Points.…And to illustrate the use of those…I've got this scene here with a orange cloth…hovering above this cube,…floor, and a sphere.…
And these guys are colliders, and we'll touch base…on how to set that up in a later video.…But for now, let's just hit Play and see what happens here.…So, as you can see, the orange cloth…falls and drapes over the cube.…Let's Stop and hit Rewind.…And go into our Dresser tab here.…First thing I want to show you is Fix Points.…Now, see my guess,…Fix Points allows us to select points…in our cloth geometry,…and basically, exclude them from the cloth simulation…which in effect pins them…and puts them into place at the starting point…
Cloth Simulations for Motion Graphics in CINEMA 4D is a project-based learning experience that follows three projects from start to finish: an animated flag blowing in the wind, opening and closing theater curtains, and a cloth-on-object logo reveal. Each project is rich with lessons that artists can adapt and apply to any cloth animation. Author Alan Demafiles will help viewers use the C4D Cloth tag and colliders, attach cloth to other geometry in a scene, loop simulations, correct imperfections with the morph deformer, and apply logos and other patterns to fabric. Start watching to incorporate cloth simulations into your mograph skillset.
- Creating geometry for cloth
- Working with the C4D Cloth tag
- Using caches
- Modeling and texturing cloth
- Adding constraints
- Attaching cloth to geometry
- Creating cloth collisions
- Adding lights
- Animating morphs and reveals
- Rendering the cloth animation
Skill Level Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Animating with C4D Effectorswith EJ Hassenfratz1h 39m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Retiming and Tracking Footagewith Ian Robinson2h 46m Intermediate
Mograph Techniques: Spline Dynamics with CINEMA 4Dwith EJ Hassenfratz1h 13m Intermediate
1. Core Concepts
2. Creating a Flag
3. Creating Theater Curtains
4. Creating the Reveal Cloth
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.